Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome to our Family's Blog!

Hello loved ones! We are jumping on the bandwagon and are happy to be starting a blog so that you may check in on our family's progress whenever you'd like. I think it will be a lot of fun for all of us!
The last couple of days have been great...we have begun to master the fine art of calming, thanks to a book that my friend, Claire, gave us called The Happiest Baby on the Block, written by Dr. Harvey Karp. I have a feeling that Dr. Karp is going to be right behind Dr. Biter on our list of heroes. The book is all about the "calming reflex" that babies inherently have and how to trigger it. Dan began to implement the techniques last night and they work like magic when done exactly right. We're happy to share the DVD with anyone that will be spending lots of time with James. It's well worth it!
Dan and I can't believe how fast James is growing (and I'm shrinking!) :) Here are some pictures from the first week of this amazing experience. I know you guys have seen some of these already, but I now have pictures from both sets of grandparents, so there will be some you most likely haven't.


 
Our Beloved Dr. Biter
  
 
Grandpa Love
  
  
  
Coming Home
  
Home at Last
  
What a good-looking babydaddy!
  
I think I fared pretty well...
  
Dan's version of scale.
  
James loves napping with Daddy.
  
We might have a little Virgo thinker on our hands.
  
Tough Day
  
  
Hello, World!
 
Sleeping with Bela

7 comments:

Dan said...

Wow, what an amazing blog! Baby Mama can multi task, nurse and create a blog, all in 30 minutes flat!

Unknown said...

What an amazing journey; look forward to following his story.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world baby James - It is a joy to see Grandpa and Bela in this phase. With love from Australia - Mary-Lou and Richard

Nicole Graham said...

I can barely see to type... sniffle sniffle. What a great idea followed by some fantastic shots. Looking forward to more! Can't wait to meet baby James!

MG said...

looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Bela and Michelle
xoxo

Bela said...

What does the little one want for lunch a Kiwi Sauvignon or a Cheeky Chardonnay??

Unknown said...

Wow just wow is all I can say just never heard of bjorns or diaper dispensers befor. Don't make me tell you what we did in the day. It gets easier as a parent at about the age of five if your lucky. It really gives purpose and meaning to life to have children and the single most important job you will ever have is being a parent.