Well...I resisted as long as I could but we finally introduced the pacifier a couple of nights ago and are so glad we did. Let's just say it is a Jamesy tranquilizer. The difference is astonishing. He goes from a fussing squirmy wormy making half crying sounds (think "eh eh eh") to a happy, peaceful, and deeply relaxed little guy. What we have found is that James has a strong urge to suck. And it's either a nipple, a pinky or the pacifier. The nipple is in his mouth enough as far as I'm concerned, the pinky works 10 percent of the time - if it doesn't he spits it out in protest and begins to wail...and the pacifier he LOVES. So we're doing what works - one decision at a time. I'll post a picture of happy Jamesy content with his pacifier soon. Don't have one yet.
In other news, Dan went back to work yesterday and I cried when we said goodbye. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the day, but I did, and today's a little better. We got some decent sleep last night. James actually went four and a half hours between nighttime feedings. YEAH! I and my breasts thanked him profusely. After some wake time in his Bjorn chair this morning, we had a second bath and it went better than the first one we had over the weekend. I think he may have even liked it. He was crying and then stopped suddenly as if the thought "hmmmm..this isn't so bad" had occurred to him. I must say, he is so very handsome after a bath. Aren't we all, though?
First bath last Saturday.
Then it was Klausy's turn.
Buddha Baby on Daddy's lap.
This is what we call "Milk Face".
Thank goodness for the swaddle.
Napping this morning while Mommy blogs. :)





1 comment:
Shawn querida
Me he deleitado con este maravilloso blog en el que nos compartes la dicha de la familia entera con la llegada de James.
Me llena de dicha verte tan plena y feliz. Todas mis bendiciones para ustedes, tan unidos en el amor.
Estoy con tus papas hasta el sabado y te envio un regalito para el pequenno, que si no te llega pronto, le va a quedar chico. Imagino que crece por dias. Esta muy hermoso, sano y duerme con la conciencia de sentirse y saberse muy amado.
Shawn espero poder hablar contigo y escuchar tu voz de esposa feliz y madre orgullosa
Te quiero mucho Adriana Vila
Post a Comment