Friday, October 9, 2009

Whirlwind Week and Big Weekend!

The week has absolutely flown by, and we are looking forward to a big day tomorrow with the arrival of my grandmother (Abita) from Mexico City and my Tia Marilu (my mom's sister). It's going to be a very special occasion, as Dan's parents, Olivia and James, Dan, James, and I, and my parents and Tia will be celebrating my Abita's 81st birthday at our place. Should be very exciting! It will certainly be the biggest thing to happen around here in the last six weeks. Hoping we get some good rest tonight. :) I started speaking a lot more Spanish to James this week and the different sounds and intonations have definitely gotten his attention. Amazing, but it appears that he is really interested and able to distinguish the difference between English and Spanish. So neat!

Last weekend my dearest Libby was here from Tucson and we were so happy to see her and have her meet James. She came at the perfect time, as James started smiling just the day before. I am very grateful to her for trying to have some "back time" with him. He hated being on his back so much in the beginning, that I hadn't even considered trying it because in the past he would cry and cry. He loved it with Lib, and now we have back time every day. Thanks, Libby! My arms are enjoying the daily break!

James has become even more responsive this week, showing interest in objects and tracking them with his eyes, and even reaching (I think!) for a couple of things here and there.


His face is filling out!


Loving Aunt Libby's Arms





 
Back Time!

 
Enjoying the blanket from Auntie B.

 

 
Happy Guy!

 
Klaus Bonding with Dad and James

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog Shawn! I like the molting lizard comment.. LOL.xoxo niki

shawn said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Still laughing about Herb's volume while you're on the phone. :)