Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Moment To Write!

Wow...another two weeks in the blink of an eye. Unbelievable!

We had a great visit with relatives from Mexico a couple of weekends ago. I am very proud of Dan and I for pulling off a lunch for ten (and a half!) at our place - complete with homemade cupcakes and a some yummy marinated steak. Bob was kind enough to come over with the table that his grandfather built. It is rustic and beautiful and in amazingly great condition. We had a lovely lunch out on the lawn with fantastic food that was brought over by all. I can't believe how well it all came together, and James was amazing through all of the commotion!

Last weekend we entertained again - this time it was having over our dear old family friends, who might as well be actual family: Jonathan Ray and his two 'kids', Marco and Fiona, whom I have known for over 25 years. They feel like cousins to me. I am mortified that I didn't get a family shot of all of us together with the baby - what is wrong with me?! Why don't I think of these amazing photo opps until they are over? I could just die over it, really. Same thing happened the weekend before. I would have loved to have a huge group shot, as well as shots of the four generations of family on my mom's side. BOO! (Sigh.)

James is more and more fun every day. When he's not gassy, he is constantly smiling, laughing, flirting 'talking' to me. It is too much. I melt with every smile and there are literally dozens and dozens a day now. I can't wait until this fussy third month is behind us, because it is so heartbreaking to see the gas overtake him when he is in such a great mood....although of course I don't mean to wish a single day away. Every moment with him is treasured, believe me.

And lastly, we had our dearest Dr. Biter over for a visit last night. It was so special to have him sitting in our living room chatting as Dan and I sat on the couch with our little James in my arms. We miss seeing him as frequently as we were at the end of the pregnancy and are so happy that he remains in our lives now that we are living this beautiful next chapter. His friendship is a real gift and we are so honored that he was able to bless us with time out of his incredibly busy schedule. For those of you that I haven't told, he delivers between 500-600 babies a year. A year!!! In fact he had just come from a delivery when he arrived last night with a great bottle of Chardonnay.  :)  In other Biter news, the grand opening of his new store (babiesbytheseaboutique.com) in Cardiff is on Saturday and we are excited to head over there and celebrate with his community of peeps. The website and mission statement are awesome. Definitely check it out if you have a moment.


Hanging at Olivia's while Mom and Dad shop at Trader Joe's.


James with Olivia and My Abita


Food Prep with Bela and My Aunt Marilu

 
Back Time on the blanket handmade by Maggie's friend, Diane.


Euro James!!! (Footie from Dr. Biter's Boutique - made of bamboo!)




 
The Promised Pacifier Shot




 
"Oh, really? Hmmm...very interesting."




 


No comments: